Test Object Controller TOM X
The upgradable control system
TOM X is a universal controller unit that can handle all types of loading units and test objects; as well as be seamlessly integrated into any testing environment. All established control modes are available and can be switched bumpless during operation. TOM X can be operated either remotely via the automation system; locally or optionally via an external control panel.
It offers integrated basic monitoring of the tested object, where, in case of a limit violation, the TOM X responds in a way to secure the test object by bringing it into a stable operating condition. The TOM X is modularly extendable; and the compiled real-time model can be integrated easily.
Offering real time networking of component test benches, engines and gear units can be connected in one virtual overall system.
Real time calculation of controller model and data logging at up to 10 kHz is a highlight as well as the possibility to create own dynamometer setups. Furthermore, engine behaviour can be simulated more realistically thanks to ETPS (engine torque pulse simulation): Torque or speed control can be selected in order to generate a pulsation based on the shaft position.
- High-speed performance in real-time allows for integrated execution of MATLAB/Simulink models
- High dynamic speed and torque control
- Highly flexible dyno assignment functionality for multi-machine control
- Bumpless transfer between control modes
- Easy online tuning
- Integrated rest bus simulation devices
- Usage of fast real-time bus systems
- Secure operation via the integrated multi-layered test object monitoring
- Integrated limit observation with selectable error reaction
- Easy navigation via definition of favourite screens and previews
- Pre-defined test object configurations can be stored locally or be loaded via network
- Modular framework allows tailor-made configurations and allows for easy extension
- Easy integration of new test bench devices and actuators
- TOM-X Controller System150 KB