Battery test bench
From durability to research
FEV has created a multi-stage battery test bench solution. It takes into account the need for benches to develop from endurance tests to research tests. As it is an open and scalable solution, it can be adapted to all bench equipment, present and future: Power drives, climactic chambers, cooling systems, etc. Its flexibility and performance allow it to change with future methodologies: More complex testing procedures, robust databases, integration of models in real time on the bench, etc.
The battery tests are performed either on a complete battery — called a pack — or on one or more cells that make up the battery. To optimize the cost of tuning the battery, it is better to work on the cell than on the pack. Simulating and integrating models therefore allows the cell’s full environment to be considered.
- UUT = Battery cell, module or pack
- Low, medium and high voltage application
- From cell voltage (Li-ion) = approx. 3.6 V
- Up to traction battery with 600 V, 800 V or more
- DC current up to 1000 A and more
- Battery management system BMS
- Safety interlock
- Special Contact Adaptation
- One-shop supplier, from hardware to software
- Solutions based on robust and validated products
- Flexibility and scalability of MORPHEE: A test bed that follows changes in technologies
- Complete or partial simulation (SOC, temp, RLS, Matlab simulink): Reduce development costs